If you hear a popping or grating sound when you open your mouth, or experience pain when trying to open your mouth or move it from side to side, you may have Temporomandibular Joint pain or Temporomandibular Dysfunction. Here are some other common symptoms:
- Neck and/or shoulder pain
- Ear symptoms, including hearing loss, ringing, or pain
- Clenching/grinding your teeth during sleep
- A chronic feeling of tiredness
- Ongoing headaches at your temples or above your eyes
While these may be symptoms of TMJ, they can also be caused by another condition. It’s important to get a proper diagnosis, so you can get the proper treatment. At Millcroft Dental Care, we conduct a comprehensive examination and recommend treatment based on your specific condition. If other treatment partners are needed—like chiropractors, cranio-mandibular specialists, physiotherapists or massage therapists—we can recommend a treatment team and can work together to relieve your symptoms.